
Barcelona have started the 2025/26 campaign with victories in both of their first two La Liga matches.
With just days before the end of the summer transfer window, a few of the Catalan squad have been linked with a possible departure, and one such name is Fermin Lopez.
The La Masia graduate is reportedly a top transfer prospect for Chelsea, especially now as the Blues are set to miss out on signing RB Leipzig’s Xavi Simons to Tottenham.
Last week, Barcelona head coach Hansi Flick was asked to share some insight into Lopez’s future at Barcelona, to which he responded,
“I don’t want to lose any players now because I think it will be a tough season. We need this quality from Fermín. He’s doing really good last season, but also when we start here in this new season as well. I’m happy with him, with all the players, and I want to keep everyone here because with these options we have now, it’s very good,” as per ESPN.
Now, Barcelona legend Sergio Busquets has shared his opinion on Lopez’s situation.
📲 Follow The Sporting News on WhatsApp
What did Sergio Busquets say about Fermin Lopez’s future at Barcelona?
Busquets joined Inter Miami after 15 illustrious years at Barcelona’s first team in 2023. Speaking after the Major League Soccer club’s 3-1 victory over Orlando City this week, the 37-year-old admitted not having a detailed idea about Lopez’s situation.
Busquets then mentioned that he hopes for a decision that is good for both Lopez and Barca, and said,
“The truth is I don’t know, I’m a bit far off. All the players who come from La Masia have a different vision of what it’s like to feel the badge, to feel what it’s like to go through the youth ranks and reach your dream of being in the first team,” as per Barca Universal.
“That said, in the end it’s each individual’s decision, they have to look out for the good of themselves, the club, and hopefully it’s good for everyone. And if he has to stay, then so much the better. I don’t know 100% if that sale is necessary, if he wants to leave, if the club gives him permission… The only thing we’re going to do is support him and wish him all the best.”
While a certain decision on Lopez’s future might not be known until Deadline Day (September 1), Barcelona will be making the trip to Estadio de Vallecas to face Rayo Vallecano next in La Liga on August 31.
Barcelona news and related links
