There are only a few weeks left until the start of the 2023 NBA Playoffs, but the postseason bracket is still very much in a state of flux.
The Nuggets will likely be the top seed in the Western Conference, as they have a nice cushion between themselves and the rest of the field. Beyond Denver, though, the seedings could change each day.
In the Eastern Conference, the Bucks and Celtics are fighting for the top spot. Both of those teams are viewed as legitimate title contenders, but the path to the NBA Finals will be filled with other challengers.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2023 NBA Playoffs.
SIGN UP TO WATCH EVERY GAME ON NBA LEAGUE PASS: U.S. and U.K. | All other countries
NBA standings 2023
(Current as of March 7)
NBA Playoff bracket 2023
Here’s what the NBA Playoff matchups would be if the regular season ended today:
(1) Bucks vs. (8) Play-In Winner
(2) Celtics vs. (7) Play-In Winner
(3) 76ers vs. (6) Nets
(4) Cavaliers vs. (5) Knicks
(1) Nuggets vs. (8) Play-In Winner
(2) Kings vs. (7) Play-In Winner
(3) Grizzlies vs. (6) Warriors
(4) Suns vs. (5) Mavericks
NBA Play-In Tournament bracket 2023
Here’s what the NBA Play-In Tournament matchups would be if the regular season ended today:
(7) Heat vs. (8) Hawks
(9) Raptors vs. (10) Wizards
(7) Timberwolves vs. (8) Clippers
(9) Lakers vs. (10) Pelicans
When do the NBA Playoffs start?
- Play-In Tournament: April 11-14
- NBA Playoffs: April 15
The 2022-23 NBA regular season will end on Sunday, April 9. The 2023 NBA Play-In Tournament will begin on Tuesday, April 11.
The first round of the 2023 NBA Playoffs will start four days later on Saturday, April 15.
How will the 2023 NBA Playoffs work?
- The NBA Play-In Tournament will be held after the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season and before the start of the first round of the 2023 NBA Playoffs. The teams that finish Nos. 1-6 in the standings of each conference will be guaranteed playoff spots. Teams Nos. 7-10 will enter the Play-In Tournament.
- Each conference’s Nos. 7 and 8 teams will face off, with the winner earning the No. 7 seed in the playoffs. The loser will still have one more opportunity to reach the playoffs.
- Each conference’s Nos. 9 and 10 teams will face off, with the winner advancing to play the loser of the No. 7-vs.-No. 8 game. The loser of the No. 9-vs.-No. 10 game will be eliminated from playoff contention.
- The loser of the No. 7-vs.-No. 8 game and the winner of the No. 9-vs.-No. 10 game will then play against each other. The winner of that game will be the No. 8 seed in the playoffs. The loser will be eliminated from playoff contention.
- Beyond the Play-In Tournament, the 2023 NBA Playoffs will follow the typical format, with full best-of-seven series all the way through the NBA Finals.
News/ 36 mins ago
Nikola Jokic, an Elusive Superstar, Has a Hold on Denver
About two miles from downtown Denver, the yellows, oranges and reds of a spray-painted...
News/ 3 hours ago
Tom Brady wouldn’t ‘choose’ football for son due to ‘crazy expectations’
Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time, but his children are free...
News/ 4 hours ago
The Dodgers and the Yankees Finally Look Like Themselves
The juggernaut franchises faced off in the World Series 11 times between 1941 and...